Spanish Seafood Paella
Spice up rice to make this classic Spanish dish
What you need
- 350g of cooked shelled mussels, peeled and cooked king prawns and cooked squid rings
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ red and ½ yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 200g frozen garden peas
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 125g paella rice
- 500ml vegetable stock
- Pinch of saffron (optional)
- Juice of ½ small lemon
- Small handful flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
How you make it
Heat the oil in a large saucepan and soften the onion for 6-7 minutes. Add the pepper, garlic, turmeric and paprika cook for 2 minutes more, then stir in the paella rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring to coat.
Pour in the stock, add the saffron (if using) and bring to the boil. Cook uncovered at a gentle bubble for 20 minutes - stirring occasionally until the rice is tender.
Stir in the seafood mix, lemon juice and peas and cook for 2 minutes or until piping hot and completely cooked through. Serve in warm bowls scattered with the parsley.
Saucy Chef’s tasty tip: Enjoy with a glass of Spanish white wine.